Great conversation on a first date is very important for breaking the ice. Much as going on a first date can make one nervous, a bad flow of conversation can screw up any chances you had of a second date. So you have to try and ace it by carefully choosing the questions to ask.
The idea is not to get too personal by asking grueling questions about the guy’s religion, political affiliation or money. These are known to elicit too much emotions and may ruin your date instantly. You need to go easy on the get-to-know questions.
So here are some of the questions (which guys approved) that you can ask to strike great conversation till your date ends:
- Where are you from? Chances are you might be knowing where he is lives. So this can be turned into a “Where were you born” or “where did you grow up” question.
- Do you have any brothers and sisters?
- What is your favorite sport? Here if you are lucky to find that you enjoy the same sport, then you will have struck gold. Also find out if he plays one.
- How do you like to spend your weekends? This is a great ice breaker. It can also say a lot about a guy and how he likes to spend his time. And if you get a second date, then you can do one of those things.
- A follow up question would be: Do you drink? And if so, what his favorite drink is.
- Which movie do you like most? This will give you an insight about the genre he prefers. And if he gets into it and asks you about a latest movie, then it means he is up to date with the film industry. A related question is books. Ask what his favorite book is and which one he has read recently.
- What is your dream car? This will definitely get him talking.
- Do you like traveling? If yes, ask him where he has been and what his dream vacation spot is.
- What inspires you? Whom do you admire?
- What is on your bucket list? This one will be interesting.
The above questions will give you a rough idea about what a guy likes and what kind of person he is. The questions can make a man open up naturally in a way that you will know whether you will be picking up his calls if he decides he wants a second date.
All the best.